BYOD is now BYOT (Bring Your Own Threat) – Current Trends in Mobile APT
Mobile devices are not simply PCs. While one knows to look for an Advanced Persistent Threat(APT) on their desktop endpoints, mobile tends to be ignored. Setting up an MDM solution is not enough. Installing AV on as many devices as possible is not enough. The holes in the net are still too wide; attackers have more options than just malicious apps for getting on your network.
Topics covered will be:
- How attackers are moving to mobile in order to bypass traditional protection.
- Apps are only one part of the problem. Documents, email, messaging are still left wide open
- Bypassing Mobile Antivirus
- Bypassing MDM, MAM and Containers
- Attackers are turning from apps to exploits.
Finally we’ll cover what to do next – how to effectively deal with Mobile APT.